WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT?
Dear saints, I was just pondering about temptation.
It is given no matter where we are in our Christian walk, temptations come as well as go. No matter our state of maturation in the Christian walk temptations, which are common to man will come. Although they may not seem so common while we are going through them.
As I meditated on temptations, I began to understand that in dealing with this issue the most important focus we can have is Jesus. That is to carve away the distraction of temptation, and ask this fundamental question: Whose will shall be done? Second to this is to realize that it still is about us and Jesus. Yes, dear children of light, it is still between us and Jesus, in the midst of the temptation, whether we will do what He wants or follow our own will above His.
My precious ones, I have found in the midst of my own temptation a far better outcome, when I take the strength He gives to all of us to say: Father, I am not deceived by this temptation, I know what you want me to do is always right, and I refuse to go against your will to follow my own fleshly urgings, because I love you above all, for sin shall not have dominion over me, Lord Jesus, thy will be done.
That settles the whole matter in the Lord Jesus. Oh my! don't think some of the same temptation won't show up more often than not, but the Lord strengthens our wills in each occurrence. I have found that by God's power, I am strengthened through the temptation to be settled on doing the will of God, no matter the discomfort to get to the victory. Till Jesus returns, I know that the saints shall prevail by His power. May our love for our God and one another grow day by day by His power. |
|
|
Comments
Post a Comment